Last update : December 2017
We appreciate your interest in our website and our resort (hereafter Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc Vietnam or we). We highly value your trust in us, and recognize both the significance and the obligation to treat your data with care, and protect that data from misuse or abuse.
We take the protection of your private data very seriously, and strictly adhere to relevant data protection legislation. Personal data is collected on this website during the exercise of our services only to the extent necessary.
This privacy statement will inform you how we handle your data.
Personal Data Definition
“Personal data” means any information collected and logged in a format that allows you to be identified personally, either directly (e.g. name) or indirectly (e.g. telephone number) as a natural person. Before providing us with this information, we recommend that you read this document describing our customer privacy protection policy.
This policy forms part of the terms and conditions that govern our services. By accepting these terms and conditions, you expressly accept the provisions of this charter.
Our Seven Principles for Protecting your Personal Data
The seven principles below are applicable in our business:
- Transparency: when collecting and processing your personal data, we will communicate all information to you and inform you of the purpose and recipients of the data.
- Legitimacy: we will collect and process your personal data only for the purposes described in this document.
- Relevance and accuracy: we will only collect personal data that is necessary for data processing. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we hold is accurate and up to date.
- Storage: we will hold your personal data for the period necessary for processing the same in compliance with the provisions of the law.
- Access, rectification, opposition: you may access, modify, correct or delete your personal data. You may also oppose the use of your personal data, particularly to avoid receiving sales and marketing information.
- Confidentiality and security: we will ensure reasonable technical and organizational measures are in place to protect your personal data against alteration or accidental or unlawful loss, or unauthorized use, disclosure or access.
- Sharing and international transfer: we may share your personal data within our partners or with third parties (such as commercial partners and/or service providers) for the purposes set out in this document. We will take appropriate measures to guarantee security when sharing or transferring such data.
What Personal Data is collected?
At various times, we will be obliged to ask you, as our customer, for information about you and/or members of your family, such as:
- Contact details (for example, last name, first name, telephone number, email)
- Personal information (for example, date of birth, nationality)
- Information relating to your children (for example, first name, date of birth, age)
- Your credit card number (for transaction and reservation purposes)
- Your arrival and departure dates
- Your preferences and interests (for example, smoking or non-smoking room, preferred floor, type of bedding, type of newspapers/magazines, sports, cultural interests)
- Your questions/comments, during or following a stay in one of our establishments
The information collected in relation to persons under 18 years of age is limited to their name, nationality and date of birth, which can only be supplied to us by an adult. We would be grateful if you could ensure that your children do not send us any personal data without your consent (particularly via the Internet).
We do not deliberately collect sensitive information, such as information concerning race, ethnicity, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, union membership, or details of health or sexual orientation.
When is your Personal Data collected?
Personal data may be collected on a variety of occasions, including:
- Resort activities:
- Booking a room
- Booking a service in our spa
- Checking-in and paying
- Eating/drinking at the hotel bar or restaurant during a stay
- Requests, complaints and/or disputes.
- Participation in marketing programs or events:
- Participation in customer surveys
- Subscription to newsletters, in order to receive offers and promotions via email.
- Transmission of information from third parties:
- Tour operators, travel agencies, and others
- Internet activities:
- Connection to the Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc Vietnam (IP address, cookies)
- Online forms (online reservation, questionnaires, our pages on social networks, network login devices such as Facebook login etc.)
For what purposes?
We collect your personal data for the purposes of:
- Meeting our obligations to our customers.
- Managing the reservation of rooms and accommodation requests:
- Creation and storage of legal documents in compliance with accounting standards.
- Managing your stay at the hotel:
- Monitoring your use of services (telephone, bar, pay TV etc.)
- Managing access to rooms
- Internal management of lists of customers having behaved inappropriately during their stay at the hotel (aggressive and anti-social behavior, non-compliance with the hotel contract, non-compliance with safety regulations, theft, damage and vandalism, or payment incidents).
- Improving our hotel service, especially:
- Processing your personal data in our customer marketing program in order to carry out marketing operations, promote brands and gain a better understanding of your requirements and wishes
- Adapting our products and services to better meet your requirements
- Customizing commercial offers and the promotional messages we send to you
- Informing you of special offers and any new services.
- Managing our relationship with customers before, during and after your stay:
- Providing details for the customer database
- Predicting and anticipating future behaviors
- Developing statistics and commercial scores, and carrying out reporting
- Knowing and managing the preferences of new or repeat customers
- Sending you promotions and tourist, hotel or service offers, or offers, or contacting you by telephone
- Managing requests to unsubscribe, promotions, tourist offers and satisfaction surveys
- Taking into account the right to object
- Improving the Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc Vietnam services, especially:
- Carrying out surveys and analyses of questionnaires and customer comments
- Managing claims/complaints
- Securing and enhancing your use of our websites, especially:
- Improving navigation
- Implementing security and fraud prevention
- Conforming to local legislation
Who we share information with
As we work with many partners in many countries, we endeavor to provide you with the same services throughout the world.
Thus, to guarantee that, we have to share your personal data with internal and external recipients subject to the following conditions:
- in order to offer you the best service, we can share your personal data and give access to authorized personnel from the resort, including:
- Hotel staff
- Reservation staff using reservation tools
- IT departments
- Commercial partners and marketing services
- Medical services if applicable
- Legal services if applicable
- Generally, any appropriate person for certain specific categories of personal data.
- With service providers and partners: your personal data may be sent to a third party for the purposes of supplying you with services and improving your stay, for example:
- External service providers
- Commercial partners: we may, unless you specify otherwise, enhance your profile by sharing certain personal information with its preferred commercial partners. In this case, a trusted third party may cross-check, analyze and apply certain devices to your data. This data processing will allow us and its privileged contractual partners to determine your interests and your customer profile, and will allow us to send you personalized offers.
- Social networking sites
- Local authorities: we may also be obliged to send your information to local authorities if this is required by law or as part of an inquiry and in accordance with local regulations.
For the reasons explained above, our website may contain links to other sites operated by third parties.
In any ways, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such third-party web sites.
Protection of your Personal Data during international transfer
For the data collection purposes, we may transfer your personal data to internal or external recipients who may be in countries offering different levels of personal data protection.
Consequently, in addition to implementation of this policy, Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc Vietnam employs appropriate measures to ensure secure transfer of your personal data to an another entity or to an external recipient located in a country offering a different level of privacy from that proposed in the country where the personal data is collected.
Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc Vietnam takes appropriate technical and organizational measures, in accordance with applicable legal provisions, to protect your personal data against illicit or accidental destruction, accidental alteration or loss, and unauthorized access or disclosure. To this end, we have taken technical measures (such as firewalls) and organizational measures (such as a user ID/password system, means of physical protection etc.)
When you submit credit card data when making a reservation Email Security Powered by HPE IBE Copyright 2016 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP encryption technology is used to guarantee a secure transaction.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can recognise you when you revisit and remember certain information about you. This can include which pages you have visited, choices you have made from menus, any specific information you have entered into forms and the time and date of your visit.
Types of Cookies
There are two main types of cookies:
Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that expire at the end of a browser session; that is, when you leave the site. Session cookies allow the website to recognise you as you navigate between pages during a single browser session and allow you to use the website most efficiently. For example, session cookies enable a website to remember that a user has placed items in an online shopping basket.
Persistent cookies: in contrast to session cookies, persistent cookies are stored on your equipment between browsing sessions until expiry or deletion. They therefore enable the website to “recognise” you on your return, remember your preferences, and tailor services to you.
In addition to session cookies and persistent cookies, there may be other cookies which are set by the website which you have chosen to visit, such as this website, in order to provide us or third parties with information.
We currently use, and may use in the future, cookies on our website. Cookies allow us to provide a customized experience. This is a common practice on most commercial websites.
By accessing our website, you agree that we can place cookies in your device. These cookies include domain information that is used to maintain aggregate website data and aids us to learn about the online behaviour of our guests, including how often they visit our website and their click-through behaviour on our website. This information is used to improve our website’s content and navigation for our guests and to personalize our guests’ online experience.
We use session cookies to help us maintain security and verify your details whilst you use the website as you navigate from page to page, which enables you to avoid having to re-enter your details each time you enter a new page. We use persistent cookies to collect and compile anonymous, aggregated information for statistical and evaluation purposes to help us understand how users use the website and help us improve the structure of our website.
Refusing Cookies on this site
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. However, you have the ability to disable cookies if you wish, generally through changing your internet software browsing settings. It may also be possible to configure your browser settings to enable acceptance of specific cookies or to notify you each time a new cookie is about to be stored on your computer enabling you to decide whether to accept or reject the cookie.
Storage of Data
We retain your personal data only for the period necessary for the purposes set out in this document or in accordance with the provisions of applicable law.
Protection of Minors
Children and adolescents with limited legal capacity are as a matter of principle not allowed to transfer any personal data to our website without prior consent of their parents or legal guardian. Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc Vietnam will in no way knowingly collect personal data from children or adolescents with limited legal capacity, use these data in any form, or divulge these data to third parties without authorization.
Deletion of Collected Data
Deletion of the collected data occurs when you revoke your agreement to the processing of such data, when the knowledge of your data will no longer be necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose that lead to the collection and processing of your data, or where the processing of your data is not permitted by law.
Our website hosts plug-ins from common social networks. If you use such a plug-in, a connection to the servers of the relevant social network will be established, and information about your visit to our website will be transferred. If you are logged in to said social network, this information can be related by the social network to your personal profile. We shall not be liable for the transfer and processing of your data by social networks. Please refer to the terms and policies of use of the relevant social networks.
Access and modification
You have the right to access your personal data collected by Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc Vietnam and to modify it subject to applicable legal provisions.
You may also exercise your right to object by writing to the address below.
In the event of difficulty exercising your rights, please contact the Data Privacy responsible directly by sending an email to [email protected] by writing to the address at Bai Xep, Ong Lang, Cua Duong, Phu Quoc, Kien Giang, Vietnam 920000
For the purposes of confidentiality and personal data protection, we will need to identify you in order to respond to your request. You will be asked to include a copy of an official piece of identification, such as a driver’s license or passport, along with your request.
If your personal data is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date, please send the appropriate amendments to the Data Privacy responsible as indicated above.
All requests will receive a response as swiftly as possible and in accordance with applicable law.
We may modify this policy from time to time. Consequently, we recommend that you consult it regularly, particularly when making further reservation on our website.
CHEN SEA WEBSITE LEGAL NOTICE
© 2017 Chen Sea Resort & Spa. All right reserved. Reproduction, adaptation, or translation without permission is prohibited except as allowed under the International copyright laws. All the text, graphics, design, content, and other works are the copyrighted works of Chen Sea Resort and Spa Phu Quoc.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Welcome to the Chen Sea Resort and Spa Ohu Quoc (www.chensea-resort.com) (hereby Chen Sea)
Use of this site is governed by the Terms and Conditions set forth.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using this website. The information and materials provided by Chen Sea may be used for informational purposes only.
By using, accessing or downloading materials from this website you agree to follow the terms and provisions as outlined in this legal notice, which apply to all visits to the Chen Sea website, both now and in the future.
Chen Sea may at any time revise and update the Terms and Conditions.
You are encouraged to periodically visit this page to review the most current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound. If you do not agree to these Terms and Condition of Use, please do not use this website.
You may view, download and copy information and materials available on this website solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You may also use such material within your organization in connection with the support of Chen Sea’s products.
As a condition of use, you agree not to modify or revise any of the materials in any manner, and to retain all copyright and other proprietary notices as contained in the original materials on any copies of the materials.
No other use of the materials or information is authorized.
Any violation of the foregoing may result in civil and/or criminal liabilities.
OWNERSHIP OF INFORMATION AND MATERIALS
The information and any materials (including white papers, press releases, data sheets, product descriptions, and FAQs) available on or form this website are the copyrighted works of Chen Sea, and any unauthorized use of that information or materials may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Chen Sea’s trademarks are registered and may be used only with written permission from Chen Sea. All other trademarks, brands and names are the property of their respective owners.
Except as expressly specified in these terms and legal restrictions, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any patent, trademark, copyright or any proprietary rights of Chen Sea or any third party.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITE
As a convenience, and to make the Chen Sea website truly service oriented we have included links to complementary sites on the Internet. These sites are owned and operated by third parties.
Chen Sea makes no representation and is not responsible for the availability of, or content located on or through these third party site. A third party link from the Chen Sea website is not an indication that Chen Sea endorses the third party or its site, or has any affiliation with or between Chen Sea and the third party hosting site.
All comments, feedback and information or materials submitted to Chen Sea through or in association with this website shall be considered non confidential and Chen Sea’s property.
By submitting such comments, information, feedback or materials to Chen Sea, you agree to a no-signed assignment to Chen Sea of worldwide rights to use, copy, modify, display and distribute the submissions.
Chen Sea may use these comments, information or materials in any ways it chooses in an unrestricted basis.
Chen Sea Internet Team strive to provide with you with useful, accurate and timely information on this website. Accordingly Chen Sea has attempted to provide accurate information and materials on this website but assumes no responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of that information or materials.
Chen Sea may change the content of nay information or materials available at this website or to the products described in them, at any time without notice.
However, Chen Sea makes no commitment to update the information or materials available at this website which, as a result, may be out of date. Information or opinion expressed in bulletin boards or other forums are not necessary those of Chen Sea.
Neither Chen Sea, nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, distributors, or affiliates are responsible or liable for any loss damage (included but not limited to, actual, consequential or punitive), liability, claim, or any injury or causes related to or resulting from any information posted on Chen Sea’s website.
Chen Sea reserves the rights to revise these terms and/or legal restrictions at any time. You are responsible for reviewing this page from time to time for ensure compliance with the then- current terms and legal restrictions because they will be binding on you. Certain provisions of these terms and legal restrictions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this website.
ALL INFORMATION AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE AT THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND CHEN SEA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CHEN SEA BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THIS WEBSITE, OR THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION CONTAINED AT ANY OR ALL SUCH WEBSITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOUR USE OF THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU ASSUME ALL COSTS THEREOF.
Termination of Use
Chen Sea may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to all or part of its website, including, but not limited to any bulletin boards on its site, for any reason, including without limitation, breach of this agreement.
In the event this agreement is terminated, the restrictions regarding materials appearing on the site and the representations and warranties, indemnities, and limitation of liabilities set forth in this agreement shall survive any such termination.
Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Venue
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong exclusive of its choice of law principles. The courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue over any dispute arising out of or relating to this agreement, and each party hereby consents to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
If any provision of this agreement is deemed void, unlawful or otherwise unenforceable for any reason, that provision shall be severed from this agreement and the remaining provisions of this agreement shall remain in force.
This contains the entire agreement between you and Chen Sea concerning your use of the site, and the agreement shall not be modified, except in writing, signed by both parties. If you have questions regarding Chen Sea’s Terms and Conditions, please email to [email protected]